Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or oatmeal
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, sage, oregano, or whatever
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 jars tomato sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Mix beef, crumbs/oatmeal, garlic, eggs, cheese, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Put tomato sauce on low heat.
- Heat oil in skillet. Form 1 inch balls of meat mixture and saute until no pink is visible, turning.
- Drop meatballs into sauce, cook on low until pasta ready.
- Boil water for spaghetti, cook, drain, and serve with meatballs on top. Serve with red wine, sprigs of fresh basil, and Parmesan cheese.