Hazelnut and Turkey Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz raw turkey sausage, removed from casings
- 24 medium white button mushrooms, about 1 lb
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blanched hazelnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp whole wheat or plain dried breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove stems from mushrooms, trim ends, and finely chop. Add chopped stems, hazelnuts, garlic, shallot, and rosemary to sausage; season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- To cooled sausage mixture, add egg and breadcrumbs; stir to combine. Place mushroom caps on a large rimmed baking sheet and season cavities with salt and pepper. Stuff caps with sausage mixture, packing tightly.
- Bake mushrooms until tops are browned and caps are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with additional rosemary before serving.