Rosemary Braised Lamb Shanks
- 6 lamb shanks
- salt and pepper
- 2 T EVOO
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (10.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
- 5 t chopped rosemary
- 2 t chopped thyme
- Season shanks, heat oil in large pot over medium-high, and brown shanks all sides (8 mins). Tansfer to plate.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic; saute 10 mins. Stir in wine, tomatoes, and broths. Season with rosemary and thyme. Return chanks to pot and submerge. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover for 2 hours.
- Remove cover; simmer 20 additional minutes. Transfer shanks to platter in warm oven. Boil juices until thickened, 15 mins. Spoon over shanks.