Chocolate Apple Strudel
- 4 green apples - peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 cup dark or spiced rum
- 4 oz chopped semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (could probably easily make your own from scratch)
- 1 egg, 2 t sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F, baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Prep the filling ingredients, mix well, pour way more than you think you need onto the frozen pastry puff (thawed in refrigerator first). Fold pastry puff just so that the ends meet together in the middle (DO NOT roll like a burrito - just make the ends meet - it's okay if it's not perfect)
- Whisk eggs and sugar in bowl, brush onto the pastry as much as you can. Bake 35-40 minutes - probably more like 25-30 minutes actually. Top with confectioner's sugar if desired.