Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot
- 1.5 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed, small spouts left whole, larger ones halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium high heat - remove to a paper towel
- Add extra virgin olive oil to pan, 1 turn. Add shallots to the pan and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes to begin to soften then add broth.
- Bring broth to a bubble, cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 10 minutes until tender then transfer to serving dish with slotted spoon and top with cooked bacon bits.